2017 training opportunities through the Badgers in the Landscape project
We are pleased to announce a range of exciting training opportunities available through the Badgers in the Landscape project in South Lanarkshire in 2017:
Badgers for Beginners
Our popular Badgers for Beginners events will be back at Chatelherault Country Park on Saturday 4th February 2017 and at Falls of Clyde on Saturday 18th March 2017. These are fun, free & informative days all about badgers! You'll learn about badgers and how they live, the threats they face and how to spot their field signs when you're out & about. Booking is essential for these events as places are limited. We recommend booking early as our previous events have sold out very quickly. Unfortunately this particular event is not suitable for children. To find out more or to reserve your place, visit the Chatelherault event page or the Falls of Clyde event page.
Registered Badger Worker Level One training weekend
We return to Chatelherault on Saturday 11th March and Sunday 12th March 2017 for our Level One training weekend. The purpose of the Registered Badger Worker Training Scheme is to build a network of surveyors certified as competent to undertake specific tasks as identified by Scottish Badgers and who would be available voluntarily to assist Scottish Badgers and other organisations (eg Scottish Natural Heritage, Scottish SPCA and the Police) with badger issues such as sett identification or survey work. To find out more or book your place, visit the event page.
Basic Wildlife Crime Awareness
A new event for 2017, to be held at Chatelherault on Saturday 25th March 2015.
This is a single day course intended for people with some experience of badger surveying. You will be shown how to recognise the signs of wildlife crime and what to do when you find them. The course will involve both classroom and field aspects and will end with a practical crime scene management exercise. A certificate of attendance will be available.
This course is open to all members of Scottish Badgers and to those who have attended a 'Badgers for Beginners' training day through the Badgers in the Landscape project. For more information or to book your place, visit the event page.
If you have any questions about our training opportunities, or if there is a course you would like to see in South Lanarkshire, please get in touch with our Project Officer.
- 2018-04-06 Scottish Badger Week Events Programme Launched
- 2018-03-17 Survey Cancellations
- 2018-03-04 Bitl Blog: Oot ‘n’ Aboot in South Lanarkshire in February
- 2018-02-27 Dates announced for Scottish Badger Week 2018
- 2018-02-23 Level One Registered Badger Worker Course planned for South Lanarkshire, Saturday 28th and Sunday 29th April 2018
- 2018-02-21 Comments on Scottish Government Wildlife Crime Report 2015-16 and subsequent evidence given to the Scottish Parliament Environment, Climate
- 2018-02-06 BitL Blog: Sett found, record submitted, job done?
- 2018-02-05 Annual Conference 2018
- 2018-01-31 BitL Blog: A week in the life of the South Lan Clan …
- 2018-01-17 BitL Blog: Oot ‘n’ Aboot in South Lanarkshire