Project Officer - Maternity Leave Replacement Post
Title: Project Officer – ‘Badgers in the Landscape’
‘Community Building for Wildlife Conservation’ funded by Heritage Lottery Fund
Maternity leave replacement post – June – December 2017
Reports to: Scottish Badgers Chair and Board of Trustees
Base: Requires own office base (with extensive travel, South Lanarkshire and vicinity). Use of a vehicle necessary.
Post Status: 35 hours each week average.
Pay: Fixed contract for self-employment – hourly rate £15 - £16 per. hour
Project Objective; To help combat badger persecution in South Lanarkshire, and specified neighbouring areas.
Job purpose: Concentrating on the South Lanarkshire area, to increase badger awareness across various audiences, to recruit skilled volunteers, and to establish a programme of volunteering in badger protection work across South Lanarkshire. To deliver high quality badger training programmes, events and activities, together with SB volunteers, to a range of audiences.
Candidates must have had previous experience in a post where they have to organise their own work, and work intensively with volunteers. Good I.T. and organisational skills are required, as well as well-developed communication skills.
Professional Indemnity and Public Liability Insurance will be essential to arrange by the person appointed. Holding an Outdoor First Aid Certificate would be an advantage.
The post commences on June 19th, 2017 and is scheduled to end on December 22nd 2017.
The post will be accountable to the SB Trustees through the Chair of Trustees, which will require regular reporting arrangements. Application by covering letter (2 pages A4 max.), describing how you fulfil the project requirements, and c.v. electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 24th 2017.
Interviews will be held in Glasgow on Saturday, April 8th
- 2017-05-24 BADGER WEEK BLOG: Species Protection Coordinator Q&A
- 2017-05-19 Charities unite to celebrate badgers during Scottish Badger Week
- 2017-05-11 Announcing ... Scottish Badger Week 20th-28th May 2017!
- 2017-04-29 Silent Auction Belladrum Tartan Heart Tickets 2017
- 2017-04-26 Keynote Conference Speaker Announced
- 2017-04-24 Maternity Leave Project Officer Appointed
- 2017-02-23 Scottish Badgers attends 'The Future is Now' event at The Scottish Parliament
- 2017-02-23 Project Officer - Maternity Leave Replacement Post
- 2017-02-20 Voluteers needed to help out with Can collection at Dobbies, Perth June 4th & June 11th
- 2017-01-30 Level 1 Course Fully Booked